Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm In the Band - Introduction (plus the musical creation)

So, here it is . . . the first, of what will soon be many, videos featuring yours truly living the life as a musican.  I'm aiming to cover every aspect (both great and mundane) of musicianship.  There's so much involved in the world of music (and how we as musicians navigate through it) that I figured documenting it would be a great way to share with you the ins-and-outs of being in a band.  (Plus, this is an awesome chance for shameless self-promotion, right?!)  So, let's jump start it with a little feature concerning the musical creation, shall we?

As some of you may know, I'm currently the drummer for the band Silver Cypher and our upcoming album Existential Realisms will be out very soon; in the meantime, however, we're getting ready to head back into the studio September/October to begin recording material for the upcoming fourth album (as yet, untitled) and though that's relatively soon, we're still on that journey through musical exploration.  As such, the fact that I also play guitar and bass (though my true focus is on percussion [that's drumming, in layman's terms]) is a great addition for the band's musical exploration.  With our last album, Existential Realisms, I actually wrote a few songs/riffs for the guitar as well as played a number of guitar-tracks on the album.  In fact, the song titled The Greater Evil features me on drums, guitar and bass!  So, with an upcoming fourth album on the horizon, I've been tossing out a number of ideas. Recently I've been sharing a new idea with them, which they seem to like.

So, without rambling any further, I'd like to showcase the process I go through with musical creation.  This is a song, as of yet untitled, which will be making an appearance on the upcoming fourth album.  All I have to say is "Yay!"

  


No comments:

Post a Comment