Friday, July 1, 2011

The Creative Creation

Lately, I've been obsessed with the idea of making another zine.  I had a lot of fun doing the last one (The Satanic Teddy Bear: Immoral Morals and Other Terrible Tales), and I couldn't wait to do another.  This new project is actually something I've been working on (rather haphazardly) for quite some time.  It's a story (of sorts) written in collaboration with activities and pictures (i.e. coloring books).  The main character is a girl named Ditzy, who goes on an exciting adventure in hopes of finding her baby.  Now, the literary representation of Ditzy was simple--I've already written the story and had the idea of a dim-witted character fully in mind. . . the artistic representation however was quite another story.  I went through many different versions of Ditzy over the course of a year (most of which were so horrible they aren't even worth showing), but in the past month she really began to take shape.  In fact, here's a few examples of Ditzy's formation.
   

I like her.  I think she's one of the best characters I've done.  I know she's simple, but that's the look I'm going for.  There are many things in store for her . . . I have quite a number of adventures planned out for her . . . but those will just have to wait until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment